Wednesday, April 24, 2013

Not an Ending

Before this class, my idea of mythology was typically of the Greek gods and stories that I had heard and learned in several high school class so I generally expected this same sort of thing from this class.  I was surprised that that wasn't at all what I've taken from this.  While I still love Greek Mythology and will probably strive to do more research on it and learn more of the history behind it, I have learned to appreciate mythology in a much broader sense.  This class has taught me a lot about myself.  As many have pointed out, Ovid knows more about their lives than they do themselves, I would tend to disagree.  I feel that Ovid has taught me that I have access to my life in ways that I hadn't realized before.  I know go through my days with open eyes and notice things I hadn't before.  I have learned that no day is ordinary if you simply realize that every day is a gift and we are lucky to be able to experience the pieces of events that help shape the entire story that we are all apart of.  Our days will continue on after this class, and we will draw closer and closer to the ending of our roles within this never ending story.

No comments:

Post a Comment