Friday, April 5, 2013

Speakers

When we were assigned to attend the author talk last night at the Museum of the Rockies, at first I thought about all of the things I had to get done that night and started stressing out when adding another item to that list.  Then I thought about how enthusiastic and excited our professor was about the speaker we'd be listening to.  I realized that this was something that I needed to attend and keep an open mind about.  It turned out to be an extremely rewarding experience.  Fredrick Turner is passionate about his writing and it came across immediately when he walked onto the stage.  While listening to him read some of his works you can't help but feel like you are within the stories he reads.  He captured feelings and emotions in his words that were filled throughout the room.  I am very glad I attended this lecture and look forward to other talks that I attend outside of my classes in the future.

No comments:

Post a Comment